Take part in the 2013 Grand Street Parade!
Please complete this application form to participate in the Kew Community Festival Parade to be held on Saturday, 23 March 2013 as part of Kewmunity Day.
The parade route will follow that used in 2012, starting at Harp Junction, moving down High Street, entering Victoria Park and finishing at the main stage within the park. The parade will be held from 10.30am - 11.30am (including the Acknowledgement of Country Ceremony at the main stage, with assembly between 9.30 and 10am. Further details will be published when confirmed.
The theme for this year’s festival and parade is Dancing in Kew.
Entry is open to any group or organisation active in Kew, including marching bands, kindergartens, school groups, cultural groups, community organisations, drama groups, buskers, stilt walkers, pipe bands, performers, baton twirlers, clowns, trader associations, emergency service organisations and many others.
- Due to overhead power lines the maximum height of entries must not exceed 4m.
- Notification of acceptance, particularly of professional performers, will be sent by 15 February 2013.
- The running order of the parade and assembly points will be confirmed by 4 March 2012.
- Professional performers: please send demo tape, photo, biography and performance plan. If selected, you will be contacted discuss performance options and contractual arrangements.
- All groups are required to provide a Certificate of Currency of Public Liability Insurance. The Certificate must: 1) name the event being covered (Kew Community Festival Community Parade), the date (23 March 2013) and outside times (9.30am - 11:30am, or 5pm if also involved in Kewmunity Day) ; 2) specify a minimum of $10M cover; and 3) name Kew Community Festival Inc. as an Interested Party for that event.
NB: Submitting an application does not mean acceptance by the Committee. Because of time limits imposed by transport authorities the parade must be contained to a manageable size. Preference will be given to local groups and organisations.
Applications can be lodged by submitting the ONLINE form below:
Kew Community Festival Inc. PO BOX 715 Kew 3101